Past Perfect Continuous Tense Question Form Exercises - Quiz 1
6. it so for granted that this was out of the question?
7. to Trenor-writing, presumably, just after their parting of the previous evening?
8. The quarter chimed-his temper rose- a trick upon him and never intended at any time to come?
9. , Mary wondered, and had they, for that reason, sought refuge in her room, or were they engaged, or had Katharine just refused him?
10. Did I imagine it, or up at the mechanism ten feet above the floor-the mechanism controlling the insulated room?
11. himself utterly to things that did not count, or was this a perspective all out of proportion, a distorted brain again, through nervous strain and over-exertion?
12. them on my books at a good round loss for two years?
13. meridians the wrong way?
14. of Kenneth to her with such eloquence and such fervour, that she should calmly tell him as he paused that it was not of Kenneth she had been thinking?
15. Was he awake or ?